It’s always a time of reflection as the year comes to an end. I think about how my year went, what was right, what was wrong and who affected me for good or bad.
Assessing the year is vital to set clear goals for success, as it allows you to look back and know what or whom you want to carry forward into the next year.
Set your goals, plan your route and score…
As you plan your route you’ll begin to see a clear vision of what you want and what you don’t want. Knowing this will definitely lead to a happier more fulfilled life.
“Goals are not only necessary to motivate us; they are essential to really keep us alive” – Robert H Schuller
Over the weekend Andrew Weissman sent an to the Market UK team which I absolutely loved. It wasn’t anything in depth about work just something he ran across and wanted to share to encourage and motivate. This email is actually what inspired this post as I thought it would be great to also share with my own network.
This is what was shared. Enjoy
60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE by Robin Sharma, author of the international bestseller “The Leader Who Had No Title”.
Ultimately, life goes by in a blink. And too many people live the same year 80 times. To avoid getting to the end and feeling flooded regret over a live half-lived, read (and then apply) these tips:
1. Exercise daily.
2. Get serious about gratitude.
3. See your work as a craft.
4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.
5. Keep a journal.
6. Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”
7. Plan a schedule for your week.
8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.
9. Say no to distractions.
10. Drink a lot of water.
11. Improve your work every single day.
12. Get a mentor.
13. Hire a coach.
14. Get up at 5 am each day.
15. Eat less food.
16. Find more heroes.
17. Be a hero to someone.
18. Smile at strangers.
19. Be the most ethical person you know.
20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.
22. Save 10% of your income each month.
23. Spend time at art galleries.
24. Walk in the woods.
25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.
26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.
27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.
28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
29. Have 5 great friends.
30. Become stunningly polite.
31. Unplug your TV.
32. Sell your TV.
33. Read daily.
34. Avoid the news.
35. Be content with what you have.
36. Pursue your dreams.
37. Be authentic.
38. Be passionate.
39. Say sorry when you know you should.
40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
41. Have a vision for your life.
42. Know your strengths.
43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
44. Be patient.
45. Don’t give up.
46. Clean up your messes.
47. Use impeccable words.
48. Travel more.
49. Read “As You Think” by James Allen
50. Honor your parents.
51. Tip taxi drivers well.
52. Be a great teammate.
53. Give no energy to critics.
54. Spend time in the mountains.
55. Know your top 5 values.
56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.
57. Innovate and iterate.
58. Speak less. Listen more.
59. Be the best person you know.
60. Make your life matter.
PS. Harrods, Hamleys & Laura Ashley recently joined uk.Shop.com check out the site via http://www.SourceShopEarn.com and start getting cashback for your normal store purchases.
Online shopping just got even more exciting.